Monday, February 23, 2015

Five Miles

This won't be a long post, but I wanted to document somewhere that I have managed to work up to running five miles in about a month and a half; or a bit less. I'm really excited about this since I have officially signed up for my first ever half marathon. I can't believe this is going to actually happen. I'm still working on guides to train with o a regular basis, but I have a few volunteers from other cities who seem to be willing to run the race with me. I feel like this has been a long time coming and I am super excited and slightly terrified all at once. I'd feel much better if I could get outside and run with a guide, working hills, but that may take some more time. Not only do I not have a definite commitment from people to be my training guides, but we're also experiencing a serious deep freeze right now. I think that could be part of the hesitation. People might feel more inclined to be a bit more urgent about guiding me outside if we could actually run outside. Regardless, I'm going to keep putting the miles on my treadmill, for me and furry ones alike, and pray to the running Gods that they send me some training partners soon. :)

No comments: