Saturday, January 07, 2012

Thank You Kong!

Well, Blogville. We wanted raffle prizes and we got some. Yes, that's right: I said "some," but let me start at the beginning just in case some of you don't know what I'm talking about.
On February 14th there is going to be a Blogville bash like no other. Not only is it Valentine's Day complete with PAWTYING, but all of the fun will benefit
and all of the wonderful adoptable animals she has in her own home. A page is going to be added to my blog with all of the details so that if you want to know anything about the PAWTY, like what time it starts or what fun things you can  pawticipate in, you can just look on the page displayed at the bottom of this blog. Of course, I'll still let you know about updates, but this will allow you to find all of the information in one place.
Speaking about updates: I have a very exciting one to share with you.
A pawty just wouldn't be a pawty without raffle prizes. We've had a few generous donations from some great people, like Fiona and *angel* Gus's breeder, and today our pool of prizes just grew immensely.
has donated three, count 'em, three prizes for our raffle draw. I had contacted Kong originally asking for a product to be donated for you lovely folks to win and when the package arrived this morning I was shocked at how big the box was! In fact, it was so large, I didn't think it was the box from Kong until I opened it and found:
1 Classic Kong red,
1 King Kong black,
1 large Kong Wobbler
and 3 mini Kong key chains.
Can I just say, those key chains are adorable?!
Not to mention, the Kong Wobbler is one of Glacier and Roscoe's favourite toys. They were both confused when I put the box away without sharing the goodies inside with them.
With three larger Kong products paired with   three mini Kong key chains, there will be three prizes for your ticket purchasing pleasure. Photos of the raffle prizes and the ability to purchase tickets will soon be available.
All I can say is:
 "THANK YOU KONG!" Your generosity completely blew my mind.
With this great news, I'm off to create our "information" page.
I know I'm excited: what do you say Blogville?!

6 comments:

L^2 said...

Good to hear the Kong company was so generous! When I talked to them about possibly getting an item donation for my guide dog puppy sponsorship auctions, they told me they only donate items directly to organizations - not to individuals doing fundraiser projects. So, I'm really glad to hear they came through for you.

I had good luck with the Nylabone company donating items for my first auction - they sent a whole bunch of stuff - so you might try them too, if you need more prizes.

Sorry I'm just now catching up on your blog... and I'm reading the posts in the wrong order.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

This is really going to be a great event. We're looking forward to participating. And a BIG thank you to the Kong Company!

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

Did I tell you that you are totally amazing!

Y'all come back now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Dis is very exciting news and we will help spread da news 'bouts da Valentine pawty! Max all ready knows who him is gonna invite too. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

Just Jess for now said...

L^2 Thanks for the good information. I'll give Nylabone a try for sure. :)
Amber: Isn't Kong great? Hope to see you at The Kissing Booth. :)
Hawk: LOL Thanks. I'm just glad there are some giving souls out there. :)
Maggie-May and Max: I am so glad you are going to be there. And, Max, you have a gurlfurriend already? ;) Will we see you at the Kissing Booth, you two?

L^2 said...

Hey Jess, I just got your comment on my blog. Thanks so much for offering to donate soap/salts to my auction. I really appreciate it! I'll let you know when mine arrive.

As for how easy it is to link PayPal to various items... well, it depends. If you don't need to know how much money each individual item is bringing in, and if all the money is going to the same account, then it shouldn't be a problem to put the donation button code beside each item.
However, if you need to know which item each donation is for - like if person 1 donates $10 for item A and person 2 donates $15 for item B - then the person making the donation will have to leave a note with their payment stating which item it is for, and you will have to keep track of all that information, maybe in a spreadsheet or something.

Let me know if you have more questions and I'll try to help - you can email me if that would be easier than leaving blog comments. :)