Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Blogville Valentine's Pawty Update and Reminders

I'm gonna sing it from the mountain tops; yell it as loud as I can:
Blogville is having a Valentine's Day PAWTY!
Do you remember the date yet? No? Perhaps I should remind you.
On February 14th, Blogville is gonna have a pawty like no other; at least that is the plan. ;)
The only way that's gonna happen though is if everyone is there. So, tell your furriends to get their best dresses out and their dancing shoes on so that this Valentine's Day Pawty Benefit will be a huge success.
If you already didn't know, and even if you did, the Valentine's Dance is being thrown to benefit
Dog Foster Mom
and the wonderful foster animals she loves and cares for.
Since we want this event to be huge there is a lot of planning to do. This is where we stand so far.
-Raffle Prizes: I put up a call out on my personal Facebook page yesterday to see if anyone would be able to contribute a pawsome prize. To my great surprise and pleasure, Fiona and *angel* Gus's breeder said she would donate an item for you lovely folks. What a sweet and generous thing for her to do. I'll let you know more about the item once I have more details.
I have also been in contact with a few  big names in the pet industry in the hopes that they may donate a few items for prizes, but I've only heard back from one such company and since I'm not a registered charity, they will not donate. Let's keep our paws, fingers, toes, claws, Etc. crossed that The Kong Company and VIP comes through for us.
The page for the raffle tickets still needs to go under construction.
-Photos: We need 'em. There are two activities at this pawty that requires your smiling faces.
1. The vote for Valentine's Day King and Queen needs contestants. Send me your photos to:
purple.tidalwave@gmail.com
with your name within the body of the email, a photo of you in all of your Valentines Day glory and the words "Valentine's Day Queen and/or King vote" in the email's subject line. Easy enough right?
2. The infamous Kissing Booth is going back up. So, if you think "you gots the moves" then send me your photo to:
purple.tidalwave@gmail.com
The email must contain your name, the most kissable photo you've got and the words "kissing booth" in the subject line of the email.
*NOTE: If you want to pawticipate in both the Kissing Booth and Vote just let me know and your wish is my command*.
The deadline for photos for both the Vote and Kissing booth is January 31 at midnight. Got it? January 31 at midnight. If anyone knows how to set up a page with "vote" buttons" and Pay Pal, would you like to give me a tutorial?
-The badge: That is currently under construction as we speak. I've got a very techy friend of mine-Baloo's new Mama-on the job. So, have no fear.
-Yummers For Your Sweetie: Another page that needs to go under construction.
So, as you can see, we have a lot of work to do, but it is so worth it. If anyone thinks they can lend a hand, paw, talon, flipper...even if you think it's in the smallest way, please let me know.
Now, I better go find Glacier: I think he's practising his dance steps...no one's told him that "the Sprinkler" is so 1980's. ;)
*****
Update: Right after this post was published, I received an email from Kong stating that they will send an item for the raffle prizes. Way to go Kong!

8 comments:

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all!

So glad y'all have everything under control. As a pawed one I am so tech and dance challenged, but it sounds like the talented ones are helpin'.

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH BOY!! BLOGVILLE LOVES a PAWTY... ANY kinda Pawty... butt VALENTINE's Day is the BESTEST time fur a Pawty.

I will be puttin up info about this.. once I get past the Peeps are Flakes thingy!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
PAWTY!

Just Jess for now said...

Oh, Frankie, you are the bestest pawty guy around. We'll rock the socks off those two legged ones.
Hawk, can your human dance? Maybe she can teach you how to dance?

Scooter said...

Wow, this is gonna be so much fun! I'm really excited about it. I'll be getting pix together after the Peep Flakes event. I want to get into the King contest and my bestest girl Zona will be a great Queen candidate. I'm sure I'll be getting sweets for her too. Wink, wink. I can't wait!!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

L^2 said...

This is so awesome of you to do!

I'm in the midst of planning another online fundraiser auction for my guide dog puppy sponsorship right now, so I'm not sure how much I will be able to help you out with prizes or making the pages. But I will try to at least find you an appropriate picture of Jack for the event.

Your blog account comes with 10 static pages, so if you don't want to have the raffle or whatever in a regular blog post, you can put it in a blog page (like the ones you made for Jetta, Glacier, the Dachshunds, etc.) - The pages would appear as links in your sidebar like your other pages do, but you can add links for them into promotional posts for the event. And you can always delete these pages after the event is over, if you want.

Again, I'm reading your blog posts in the wrong order, so I'm not exactly sure what you are intending to do with these pages. But since the format for constructing a page on your blog is just like writing a blog post, you could probably make them up fairly easily right here.

Also, Blogger used to have a Survey gadget that you might be able to use for voting. I'm not sure I ever used it though, so I don't know how easy it is to set up. And with this, you would only be able to add the survey for voting to your blog's sidebar - you could not have it in a stand-alone page or in a blog post. But, if all else fails, at least you would be able to direct people here to your blog to vote.

When you arrange with PayPal to collect donations, somewhere on the site they provide the code for adding a PayPal donation button. You can copy and paste that code anywhere, as many times as you want. So, you should be able to easily add it to posts, pages, or the blog's sidebar.

I hope some of that helps. :)

The Heartbeats said...

This sounds like so much fun!!! My sisfur, Lucy's, birthday is Valentine's Day so she will be super excited about it all!

Wiggles,
Calhoun

Scrappy Angel said...

Hmmm. I found out about a party and had to check it out!

Kissing booth, really? sounds like it could get interesting.

Just Jess for now said...

It definitely could get interesting. :)
Maybe we'll have to have a cake for Lucy at the PAWTY. What do you think?