Monday, July 25, 2011

Ode To The "Square"

Oh, dear Square, how have you come into our lives and changed them forever. Until you, there was not a soft, plush toy that could stand up to the massive jaws of Mr. G. With your reinforced seams and your funny shape, you could provide hours and hours of entertainment. At first, everyone ignored you and you lay alone on the living room floor while five dogs ran around with other toys, but one day Glacier realised how much fun you were and he never left you alone again.
 I would throw you and the boys would chase you. I would hold you and the boys would pull you. I would bounce you off of a wall because I am a horrible shot and because you are soft, you would not break anything. You are the first toy I could chuck around the living room and feel safe that crashing glass would not  ensue. You were a tireless companion and when Glacier was worn out from wrestling you from Roscoe's jaws, you let him use you as a pillow while he took a nap.
Oh, dear Square although you have not left us yet, I found the tiniest of holes in your seam and it is only a matter of time before Glacier realises you no longer want to be square, but that you wish to be flat. It will be a sad, sad day when I have to throw you in the garbage because you were the best twenty bucks I ever spent on a dog toy. You were looking a bit frayed as of late and I was hoping you would last until August 18th, but if you feel you are tired of being tossed, tugged, chomped and slobbered on, then I guess we'll just have to find a way to go on without you...either that or I'll have to buy a new one because Glacier will be so heart broken.

The Square Ball from the Toughies toy line has been one of the best investments we have made with regards to dog toys. It has lasted over four months in our house, which is a miracle and is the first plush toy Glacier has ever been able to play with. I bought him a Skinny once, thinking that the lack of stuffing would keep him from wanting to tear it up; boy was I wrong. He ripped it up in less than five minutes and then I removed it because I did not want him swallowing the squeaker. In all seriousness though, if you have a dog with a heavy mouth, the Square Ball is for you.

1 comment:

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

I'll have to look for one for Hawk!

Y'all take care,
BrownDog's Human