Monday, November 04, 2013

A Shameless Plug

It's been much too long since I've blogged, but things have been a bit busy. Tenie's birthday is tomorrow and so I planned her birthday party for this past Saturday. With help from her mom, my parents, Mr. K and Lindsay, her party turned out really well. Since we call her "Tenie" I decided to throw her a "tiny" party. Everything at her party was in miniature. We had tiny cookies, tiny pizzas, tiny balloons, tiny mar"tinies," tiny brownies for her cake, tiny cups for drinks and I even made her a tiny crown out of jewellery wire. On top of that, I've been working on a project that I've held near and dear to my heart for quite a while. It's something I've wanted to do for a while now and so I'm testing the waters.
I've started, in an unofficial capacity, my dog bakery.
When Lindsay found out I was moving home, she asked me if I wanted to be in a vender show; kind of like a fall market. I said yes and baked my butt off, again with a lot of help, and had blankets, tug toys and a lot of different treats made. The turn out for the market was kind of poor, but I learned quite a bit about my cookies and I got a few new ideas.
So, since then, I've been busy researching, writing a business plan and looking for some kind of financial backing to get started.
In the mean time, I've written up my menu and product list and I'm happy to say that my Christmas menu has been launched. I won't put it up here because then this wouldn't be a "shameless plug" any longer. However, if anyone is interested in just taking a peak at what "Furdemonium" has to offer, email me at:
furdemonium at gmail . com
And, I'd be more than happy to send you the menu. (We ship).
My website and Facebook page aren't up yet, but those are my next steps. Mom took some nice photos at the vender show, so once the Facebook page is up and running I'll put those up. I'm also hoping that customers whose dogs enjoy our products, whether it's the treats or the beds, send us photos so we can put them up as well. Nala, Otis, Hermione and Roscoe are our shameless taste testers and everyone seems to be quite happy so far. Mr. K even tried one of the cinnamon buns I made and he said it was surprisingly tasty. Perhaps I should list him as one of the Official Taste Testers?
So, really that's where I've been. I have a story about Nala in Walmart that I must share, but I'll save that for tomorrow.

No comments: