Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Essay Writing: Blarg

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter. To be honest, we really didn't do much in the way of Easter things. In fact, we had chicken nachos for supper instead of any kind of traditional Easter dish. With it just being the two of us, we really didn't see the point of making a gigantic meal. I suppose we could have invited Carmen over, but we all had been out the night before for her birthday and so the thought really never crossed my mind until Easter was over. Besides, as the title of this post would indicate, I'm up to my eyeballs in essays. It's the end of the term and that means everything is due. I have two 4,000 word papers from this term, my 2500 word dissertation proposal and a 3,000 word essay left over from last term all due in the next couple of weeks. I haven't been sleeping well which is counter productive. This also means that my creative juices for blog writing are all dried up.
Not only is my blogging lacking, I also feel like I'm not working Nala enough. We're so new that, for me, it's really important to get work in every day in order to solidify our working relationship. Truthfully, though, we haven't been working every day; most days, but not every day. Some days we only have short trips to the cafe down the street which I feel is kind of insufficient. However, I'm not sure what to do about it. Last night I took her out to work a circular route I made up as we went just to get us out and working. I had her find a few curbs, a pole that we use to cross the street, the entrance to the cycling path, a set of stairs, more curbs and then our door to the flat. She did some obstacle work as well because there were so many cars parked on the sidewalk. This last part was unplanned, but it threw another element of complexity into the route that I thought was good. I think she was a bit confused by the time we got home, but I really just wanted her to be taking cues from me and listening to what I had to say. So, it was all good. Today we're off to the gym and that is a good long route that really makes her work. Sitting on my couch for hours on end writing/researching for essays usually leaves me with itchy feet and so I scheduled a run in for this afternoon. That way, I kill two birds with one stone: Nala and I work together and I get the ants out of my pants. :P

Anyway, lunch time and back to essay fun.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog