Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Inevitable

So, it's happened and there is nothing I can do about it.  There's no denying it. That's right-I am fighting off the creeping crud.
I always get some kind of aching, coughing, shivering, fevering, thing every time I experience a prolonged period of stress. After every single Paralympic Games I got sick. The story was the same after  my final exams in university; I often would collapse under a blanket and stay there for a few days. I thought that perhaps I had escaped it this time around, but no such luck. The funny thing is, I'm so happy to be here I really don't care. I've just taken some flu/cold medicine this afternoon, drank a bunch of peppermint tea and water and slept. I am feeling much better than I was this morning, so something I'm doing is working.
Tomorrow we're supposed to go to the zoo, so I'm hoping to kick this crud to the curb.
So, with that in mind, I'm off to drink more water and get some more rest.

2 comments:

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

Prayers for the return to good health and happy spirits!

Y'all come by now,
BrownDog's Human

L^2 said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.