Sunday, February 13, 2011

Water Water Everywhere and Not a Drop to Flush the Toilet

Yep. You guessed it. We don't have water again. I just went into the bathroom with the intention of going pee and then actually getting some sleep since I have to be up in the morning. When I went to flush the toilet it wouldn't go. A little miffed, I grabbed the plunger thinking that maybe it was plugged. We are on a well and sometimes the plumbing doesn't work quite right. So, I plungered away for a few minutes and flushed, but the toilet didn't refill with water. I took a deep breath, praying that it was an issue with just the toilet, and turned on the bathroom sink. All I could hear was a weird empty sucking sound that it has made before when our water stopped flowing.
I swear, it's something every week to two weeks with this place. We're moving out in two weeks, couldn't it just hold out until then? No showers, no cooking, no water for the dogs...again.
I know our friend will take us out to buy a case of water and maybe a few jugs for good measure, but I am sick of brushing my teeth by pouring a bottle over my toothbrush bristles just to rinse them off. I hate that we can't just go out tomorrow morning and get the water that we will need for the dogs by ourselves. They will have to wait until our friend wakes up. It also means no coffee in the morning, which I realise is a luxury, but really? Really?!!!! I just wish the next two weeks would hurry up or that we would be able to move in early, or that we had somewhere to stay for two weeks that has running water.
I know here in North America we are spoiled with fresh, clean water. I know we can be hogs with it, but that knowledge doesn't make this any easier. It's the third time without water completely. We also went another three days with only freezing cold water because the hot water thingy wasn't working. It always seems to happen at night too. We'll go to bed being able to brus our teeth and wake up in the morning unable to flush the toilet.I'm just so frustrated and probably a little overly emotional because it is 2:30 in the morning.
Mr. K is going to be ANGRY when he finds out. He went to bed with a migraine, so I wouldn't dream of waking him up and telling him. He needs rest. I think I am just blabbing away on this blog because there really isn't any other outlet at 2:30 in the morning. LOL
With that in mind, I will stop my disorganized ranting and try to sleep. Try, being the key word. Grrrrr.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no that's terrible. I wish I were there to help -- I'm always awake early, even on weekends! I hope it's either fixed or you can get out of there soon! Hope the Mr. is feeling better this morning (well the migraine -- the water situation wont' help I'm sure). Take care, both of you! And the furry family too!

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!

Just Jess for now said...

Thanks guys. :)
Thankfully things were fixed quite quickly this time and the guy who always fixes it gave us his number. That way, if it breaks in the next two weeks before we move out, we'll just call him and he'll fix it much quicker. He told us this morning that the well is actually supposed to be four inches and it is only two. The landlords have needed to drill a new well for a long time, but just haven't. Good thing we're moving out. He also said that if they had told him about the electrical box on the back of the house back in September he would have been able to fix it because he is an electrician. Some people's children. :)
No matter. It is up and running and he will be out here pronto if it breaks again before we move.
Thanks again both of you. :)

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

We have lots of problems with our well water too. It seems to come in spurts (excuse the pun). It'll work great for months and then for now reason it'll quit and hubby will have to keep going out to re-start it.

Just Jess for now said...

I think that is what is going on here as well, but the landlords didn't tell us that happened-it would be good to have a warning. Because Mr. K and I are both blind, priming a pump is not one of our strong suits. LOL
We're moving more into the city in less than two weeks, so that should fix that problem.
Hope your pump behaves. :)