Tuesday, December 07, 2010

"Celebrate Good Times!!"

Today is Jetta, my first guide dog's, birthday. She turns ten and she is still silly little Jetta. She retired just over two years ago and went to live with my parents. I had wanted to keep her, but made the difficult decision to give her to my mom and dad. I knew that I wouldn't be able to give her what she needed right away, as I was going off to get my second guide, who turned out to be Glacier. Every year that she was with me, I celebrated her birthday with special treats, fun toys, parties that all of her dog friends were invited to and a bunch of other silly things. I know she's well taken care of and enjoying her retirement, which is what I wanted for her.
So, here is to you Jetta. Have a very happy tenth birthday and many more to come.
oxoxoxoxo

In honour of Jetta's tenth birthday, here is a list of her nicknames and their origins if I can remember them. :)

Jetta The Jitter Bug: because she could never sit still. Her "stay" was excellent when working, but she had so much energy, she always needed something to do-that is why we were a good match.

Jingle Jetta: The big heavy chain collar Leader dog uses in combination with her tags made her jingle when she walked. She never walked, she trotted and the bouncing made everything clang together.

Turkey: Um, her Auntie Tenie named her that one...and I'm not sure why. lol

Jetta Sauce: That was from her Auntie Sarah and it was because Jetta had "'tude."

Miss Moo: because she ate grass everywhere we went when she was not working. This also progressed into "Moo Face," "Moo Bum" and just "Moo." lol

Homer: I thought Tenie called Jetta Homer, when she called her Turkey and it sort of stuck.

We also gave her the middle name "Frank" because we were naming our animals-Loki and Sisu-and for some reason Jetta got Frank. lol

Happy Birthday girlie

4 comments:

L^2 said...

I hope Jetta had a great birthday!

Willow had lots of silly nicknames too, but I don't know where most of them came from. Jack only has a couple right now - all of which he inherited from our trainers at GDA.

Just Jess for now said...

I caled my parents and they said she is doing well. :)
Jack will get more nicknames I'm sure. Glacier has acquired a few, but I don't think as many as Jetta.
hugs to you both

Brooke, Cessna, Canyon & Rogue said...

Happy Birthday Jetta! Hoe you had a good one :)
Your friends,
Brooke, Cessna, Phoenix, Aspen & Canyon (who you haven't met yet, but would love I'm sure)

Just Jess for now said...

She would love him for sure. :)