Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chop Chop

I've always said it's the small things that make life so enjoyable. Yesterday Tenie, Glacier and I headed over to a local hair salon. The salon was having a two year anniversary sale and my haircut, wash and blow dry was half price. Spas have always seemed like a great idea to me. In fact, I had thought about opening one myself, but to be honest, getting fully pampered at a spa hasn't really happened for me because it's just too expensive. Massages used to be my treat, but ever since graduating from massage college, I find that I am way too picky about my massages that I hesitate to drop money on them. Haircuts have always been my go to when I feel like I need a  pick me up. Even when I don't need a pick me up, haircuts are always enjoyable for me. Yesterday was no exception.
It's something about going in and having someone else do your hair for you  that seems so luxurious to me. For the last three weeks or so I've been wearing my hair mostly in a ponytail because it was so frizzy from needing a trim desperately. Mr. K suggested I cut my hair short, making it easier for me to manage and I took his advice. I've worn my hair short before and loved it. I'm not entirely sure why I let it get to the length it had. I think the last hair dresser I had suggested a longer style and my hair has been sneakily rowing longer and longer on me.
When the hair stylist was finished yesterday, I had lost about three inches in the back and a bit less in the front. Doesn't sound like much, but my hair feels so much lighter and bouncier. Just that 45 minutes of washing, snipping and blow drying made me feel like a brand new woman. I swear: life is so much more fun when you find the simple things that bring you joy; even if it is just a haircut. :)

3 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

and even if you didn't like it, it will grow back
Benny & Lily

The Websters said...

Hair cuts, clean sheets, freshly shaven legs. Love them all!

-Darci

Matilda the Boxer said...

Mom says a good haircut can make you feel like a million bucks. I don't know what it feels like, since I've been trying to grow out my fur for years and it's the same length as always!