Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Arrivals

It's a boy! It's a girl! Wait, it's three girls and two boys.
On Sunday December 12, 2010 at 2 PM, Akira gave birth to five, healthy golden retriever lab cross puppies. I was at PAALS today volunteering, and I was happy to learn that all is going well so far. So, let's keep all fingers and paws crossed that each little fluff ball grows up healthy and strong and ready to take on the world as service dogs.
Congratulations Miss Akira. It would seem that your second time around as Mom is going as planned and you are doing a great job.
I saw Akira today and she seemed just as happy and friendly as ever. I didn't see the pups of course, as they are only three days old and it is important to keep their exposure to germs down; at least for now.
I also learned that Kyo is staying with Miss A over the holidays and is doing fantastic. His training is moving right along.
As for Glacier, he was stellar today. He patiently laid by my feet while I worked away at my appointed tasks. He didn't even hop up when we busted out the peanut butter to put into "enrichment" toys for the grown PAALS dogs. Glacier even allowed two other PAALS volunteers to bathe him right along with the other dogs, as he was stinky and in dire need of a bath. What a great guy my Mr. G is.
All in all, it was a very productive and exciting day.

No comments: