Sunday, June 11, 2006

Living Vicariously

I got two very nice emails this afternoon. Both were from my roommates who are archaeology students and are currently on a dig in Jordan. The trip is a counted as a credit and is very expensive, but I think it is money well spent. They left Thursday night from Toronto and arrived some time Friday. Apparently they have been doing a lot of touring and the hotel they are staying in has a pool. They have to pay for its use, but they both think it's a worthwhile investment on the really hot days. (I agree, says the girl who swims for a living). :)
Tenie's been getting heat headaches, which isno surprise. She does not handle heat so well. Perhaps it's because she's so fair-blond hair, blue eyes adds for a deadly combination in the desert sun. I'm not sure when they will start digging, but I'm sure I'll get more updates as the weeks progress. I'm sooooo excited for them, but I must admit I am slightly jealous too. :) The adventures they must be having, or will have, will always stay with them forever. They are truly lucky human beings. Some people only dream of travelling, never mind spending six weeks on an archaeological dig and two weeks touring around Germany. (Yes, I am one of the lucky ones who have been able to travel as well. Once you get bit by the travelling bug, you can never get rid of it)!!
Either way, I wish them all the best and miss them dearly. If you read this girls-
have fun!!!!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow, I'm jealous too! That sounds so adventurous and cool. experience of a lifetime.

Just Jess for now said...

I agree!!! :)