Friday, June 16, 2006

A Lady In Red...

Tomorrow is my god parents' son's wedding...so today I went dress shopping! It was the fastest dress shopping I have ever done in my life. Usually it takes 2 or 3 days of trying on a million things to find the perfect thing, but today it took less than 25 minutes. It's a red halter dress with a little ribbon for a belt. Halters seem to fit me the best since my shoulders are so wide from swimming. Part of my body fits in a small, while the rest-my shoulders-needs a medium or large. It's kind of annoying and frustrating sometimes, but today everything went...swimmingly. I even found a pair of silver and red earrings that match perfectly. My Mom found a dress as well-green with buttons down the front. It fits really nicely. Jetta of course tagged along and was slightly grumpy. She hates shopping, but I think she was relieved when walked out of the first store we went into and headed for the exit-I'm sure she was in shock. She knows that shopping excursions usually take hours and she gets so bored! :)
Speaking of Jetta-yesterday she got her vaxinations. Another not so pleasant experience. She started shaking the instant we pulled into the parking lot of the vet clinic. There was a poor dog that fallen off a six foot balcony while playing with other dogs, waiting to be examined. She was in a lot of pain. I am sure she did something to her leg. She could not even lay down. I felt so sorry for her. I told Jetta she should be glad that her shots were the only reason she was visiting the vet. I asked the vet about mosquitoes-as Jetta seems to sweel up from their bites. She gave me a home made recipe for a natural bug dope. So, I'll be making a trip to the health food store to collect the ingredients and concocting my own batch; just in case we go to the kids' camp.
Other than the shaking and a racing heart, Jetta was very good for the vet. She stood very still-probably out of fear more than anything-while she was being examined. The vet said her teeth, ears and eyes all look good. I said that was good, since I needed her eyes too. When she got back home, she was given her supper and I think it made up for the poking and prodding.
Jetta was not the only one to get needles yesterday. I had my blood tests to test for Diabetes and hypoglykemia-low blood sugar. I had to fast for 12 hours and then go in for a blood test. (It's good I was sleeping for most of those 12 hours, because I was cranky when I was awake). After that test was completed I was allowed to go have breakfast and instructed to return 2 hours after eating. (Bring on the waffles and blueberries). I was provided with a little bottle too and had to "pee in a cup." How lovely. When I brought the urine sample back 2 hours later, they drew more blood. They are checking levels of certain things in my blood stream when I haven't eaten in a long time and what happens to those levels after I eat and have digested. Hopefully, these tests give us a glimpse into the inner workings of my crazy appetite.
Anyway, I should go get ready for swim practice. I have to find a snack before I leave and pack up my towels and stuff.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Your dress sounds gorgeous! Poor Jetta, I'm sorry she gets so scared at the vet's. Luckily, Sampson is pretty clueless. He's happy to go anywhere in the car. I can't tell if he recognizes the vet's and doesn't care, or if he just doesn't realize he's been there before, ha ha

Just Jess for now said...

Katherine:
Aw, Sampson sounds cute. I wish Jetta was more like him in that respect. :) The dress is great! Maybe I'll get to psting some pictures of it-well, with me in it of course.
PS: I can't seem to pst on your blog for some reason recently, but I have been visiting just in case you thought I forgot about you.
Little Jonny:
No. You haven't told me about the doggy bug dope. I'll have to check it out...and perhaps your dresses don't fit because they're not designed from a 6 foot 1 200 pound man. What do you think? lol