Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"The Waves of Time Pass Us By"

I woke up early this morning feeling rested, hungry and a little sore from yesterday's run on the treadmill. Normally, I like running outside better, but E and I thought that if we ran on the treadmill instead of the road, we'd get a better gauge of how far we're going and how fast. We set the treadmills at a five percent incline to try and simulate outside running and I managed to run five kilometres in 36 minutes, with a 30 second walking water break at the 2.5 K mark. The break gave me time to recover a bit, but the water part was lost as I ended up dumping the water down my front instead of into my mouth. That's a way to cool off. By the end of our run, the treadmills told us that we had also run up 23 metres. I was very pleased with my results. I wasn't even sure I could run 5 kilometres at all. I know when we get outside, things will be a bit different and reaching that 5 K marker is going to be harder, but I was excited to know that I could reach my goal with relative ease. That said, that time has got to come down.
Speaking of time: aside from my slightly groaning leg muscles and a grumbling tummy, I was surprised to be reminded by my phone's date function that it was almost three months ago to the day that Mr. K and I embarked on our great adventure and flew to Scotland; Glacier and Roscoe in tow. I think I talked about being surprised at how quickly the time had flown by last month, but I guess it is still slightly startling. There is still an excitement to the place, but a certain comfort as well. Sometimes I feel like we've been here forever and at others it seems as though there is a new cafe to try or a new park to discover just around the corner.
Time really never slows down for anyone and lately it definitely has wings where my life is concerned. If I stop and think about the fact that somehow Mr. K and I managed to get everything in order to move to another continent and that we're living here, my heart still flutters. It's just absolutely amazing and I am thankful to have been given the means to make my wish of living in Edinburgh come true.

1 comment:

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all!

So glad y'all are feeling better and back training!

As for time...there is an old and true cliche...time flies when you are having fun!

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog