*Knocks on wood*.
Today I received an email from the DEFRA vets in London saying that the paperwork for Glacier and Roscoe "looks good so far."
*Lets out huge breath that has been held since Tuesday*.
I think I read that sentence about three times just to make sure it meant what I thought it meant. I even made Mr. K read it.
The email continued on to ask us about the flea/tick/tapeworm treatments we would be using-since they were not listed because you cannot have those treatments done no less than 24 hours and no more than 48 hours before you leave-and I emailed her back to confirm that the treatment plans we had laid out with our vet was satisfactory. This particular DEFRA vet I am dealing with is extremely prompt with her responses and she told me exactly what kind of flea/tick medicine I needed.
Now I am just waiting for our vet here to open up so I can make sure they have the right brand and to check which Tapeworm product they are using. Confused yet?
Regardless, I think the "so far" part of that sentence referred to the type of flea/tick/tapeworm treatments that would be used and when and as long as all of that is done properly, we'll be good to go.
*Releases breath again*.
I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I feel like, once we have that "pre-approval letter" in our hands, I can actually get excited about moving. I won't have to b worried about whether or not our trip has been postponed for another six months or whether or not we'd be going at all. If Glacier and Roscoe had not been approved, everything would have changed and something that was supposed to be exciting and one of the biggest adventures of my life, would have crumbled into dust.
But, by the sounds of it, this is not something we have to worry about. Please keep your fingers/toes/arms/legs/eyes/ears/paws crossed for us...Wait,that would mean you guys wouldn't be able to move anywhere...okay, well, hold that position until I let you know we have the pre-approval letter okay? This is very important! ;)