A while back I mentioned that I've started a small business/ complete with website. I was not going to tell you about it yet as it is still under construction and there is not an accessible format. It is built entirely through Flash and that will make a screen reader very angry, but I did want to tell you about it and see what you have to say. So, I do apologise to my screen reader user friends. There will be an accessible form designed since that is something I do feel strongly about.
Fifteen Facts About My Mystery Business
1. It is called Furdemonium. Yep, that is the title. Be forewarned that the website is not done yet.
2. The idea came to me as I was browsing the internet reading about different rescues and the animals' surrender/rehoming stories. It dawned on me that often people get pets they are not prepared for or know nothing about and need a resource to assist them to make it easier for both them and the animals. This also stems from my own rehoming experience. I hope with my services that I am able to reduce the amount of rehoming/surrendering that happens by being proactive instead of reactive.
3. So, what is this business? I am a Pet Consultant. Yeesh, it sounds silly putting it out there like that, but my main service is providing people with information about different kinds of pets and whether or not that kind is right for them. I.E., dog VS. cat, Labrador VS. Collie.
4. I have been spending a lot of time on the internet as of late trying to make contact with people I could refer my clients to-when I get some. I am always surprised at who doesn't respond and then who does.
5. We want the Welcome photo to be of Glacier sitting under Big Ben.
6. I would like to feature an animal weekly who is in need of a home-kind of like how a lot of the blogging community does. I haven't heard back from any rescue organisations so far.
7. I thought Mr. K would say no and tell me I was crazy, but he actually built the website for me. What a patient, amazing man.
8. All of the products I have reviewed, or will review, have been used by me and my dogs and/or cats. If another person were to write an article for the site about a product, I would want them to have had experience with it...and then I'd probably go use it as well before the article was published. LOL
9. I've talked to Newtrix-the only head collar I really like for several reasons-and there is only one supplier in the whole of the UK. Once my business is sustainable/stable, I will be supplying Newtrix to the UK as well. I am very excited about this. (If you are a service dog user and you would like to use a Newtrix with your dog, contact them and tell them you have a service dog. They will sell the head harness to you for 25 dollars instead of the 40 dollars regular price).
10. I feel very strange promoting my business and probably won't talk much about it again once I have the website for you. I feel like my blog is a personal place and business does not belong here. I figured this out after writing half of today's post. LOL
11. Going back to Mr. K's wonderful web designing skills-he said he will be able to "decorate" my site for holidays like Halloween and Christmas. I might even jazz it up a bit for Glacier and Roscoe's birthdays. I love little personal touches like that.
12. One of the other services I provide is party planning. I am extremely excited about this service as I had such a great time planning the puppy shower and Jetta's birthdays and retirement parties. I have so many ideas swimming around in my head!
13. I am so excited to have the opportunity to develop one of my passions into a career. It may be slow moving, but I can't wait to see where Furdemonium will bring me. Well, not just me-Glacier, Roscoe and Mr. K too. :)
14. Any feedback is always welcome.
15. And, the moment you all have been waiting for...the link! Okay, perhaps you haven't been waiting for it, but here it is anyway. Furdemonium can be found
Happy viewing and happy Friday. :)