Thursday, March 08, 2012

Hermione Sophia

Yesterday was March seventh and do you know what that means?
It means that the newest member of our family turned two months old. She is the  sweetest, craziest puppy I have ever met. She plays hard and then sleeps hard to. I don't know how people with jobs ever raise a puppy from eight weeks. Maybe that is why so many end up being re-homed?Practically every night, she is waking me up every two to three hours. Sometimes it's because she has to go to the bathroom, sometimes she wants to play and others she's just hungry. I get up every time though because her house training is not entirely there yet and   I don't want her to need me to take her to the bathroom and I ignore her, thinking she jut wants to play. It really is like having a new born baby in your home. You try to sleep when she is sleeping and hope that you get enough to stay patient and consistent with her.
When we had our Dachshunds, Mr. K was heavily involved in training Aria when she was this small because he kept irregular hours and would be awake when she was.
I'm definitely not complaining. she is quite the character and keeps me busy when she is awake. Her potty training is coming along quite nicely as well and I think she'll be pretty easy to obedience train. We're still working on name recognition.
When we first brought Hermione home she was so small and clumsy. She could hardly walk without tumbling over. Now, a week later, she plays tug of war with me and can keep her feet. It's amazing how fast they seem to advance. We will start introducing her to the clicker in the next few days and then "sit" will be the first cue she learns.
Glacier still seems to be doing fine with the new addition. His work is excellent and although he ignores Hermione, I think he's slowly getting used to her being around. As I've mentioned before, Glacier is quite sensitive to other dogs being near is girl, so I have ben  aware of my time   with him and have made sure to work at least once every day since Hermione's arrival. So far, so good.

What about Yoda, Plato and Fiona?
Hermione hasn't exactly met them yet. She's watched them through the cage, but usually when they are awake and running around, Hermione has gone to sleep for a few hours of the night. fiona has come out a few times when Hermione's been awake, but they just seem to ignore each other. That works for me. If Hermione doesn't find the Sugar Gliders interesting, then she can't accidentally hurt them.
We have so many animals now, some of a stranger variety, perhaps I need to change the name of this blog. LOL
PS: I was going to post photos today, but Blogger will not allow me for some reason. Will try again soon.

5 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH how I remember the Nights that Ernie got my mom and me up... three or four times. He is over that now though. He sleeps from 10 at night until 8 in the morning. AHHHHHH that is a real relief.. fur everybuddy. I am sure it will happen fur little Hermione soon.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Yikes.....Have I been hiding under a rock or something? I don't remember hearing anything about Hermione Sophia. Can't wait to hear more about her!! Congratulations on the new family member!

Unknown said...

Training new puppies! We has a 9 month old and last summer was very exciting and tiring. We has almost forgotten about the every 2 hours...now.
Kisses
Nellie

Scooter said...

Wow, sounds like your pup is growing and gives you lots of fun times! I say the more pets the better. I'd really like to see those pix whenever Blogger decides to cooperate!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Oskar said...

Oh my people got me at 8 weeks old & I woke them up every few hours just like a baby!

I know she will make a great addition to your pack.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar