In the last week "At A Glacial Pace" has received two honours. there are visual badges to go with these honours of course, but after messing with my Mac for an hour trying to figure out how to display them, I have decided just to tell you about them.
The first honour was our very first blog award. It was given to us by Brooke and her gang over at
It was an "Awesome Blog" award and we were very excited to be picked. This award requires that you tell people seven things about yourself that people may not know and give fifteen other blogs the award. The first I can do, but giving the award to fifteen other blogs may be difficult. I can name them, but putting up their links may be tricky. I don't know everyone's URLs. So, I'm just going to tell you seven things and sit down one day to figure out how to link more effectively to other people's blogs. :) :)
Seven Things you May Not Have Known
1. I went blind at the age of three due to Retinalblastoma (AKA cancer in the retinas). This means my eyes are prosthetic. Cool eh? LOL
2. My very first pet dog was a 90 pound yellow lab named Sasha. He was my best friend for 13 fantastic years.
3. My roommates and I adopted cats when we were in university-named Loki and Sisu. When my roommies moved to Scotland to complete their Master's degrees, I took the cats. Unfortunately upon meeting and falling in love with Mr. K, I gave the cats up because he is incredibly allergic to them. We both loved them, but he suffered. He never asked me to give them up: I did it so that he could breathe. Thankfully my parents took them and they are happy little kitties. (Sorry. That was a long one).
4. My favourite colour is purple.
5. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology and a College Diploma in Massage Therapy.
The last two will be about Glacier since the blog is named in his honour.
6. Glacier has an enormous head, which has gotten him the nicknames "fat head" and "bobble head." All said lovingly of course.
7. Glacier can probably destroy any toy you put in front of him. He ate through:
a hockey puck in less than ten minutes,
ripped the biggest black Kong you can get into two pieces in about fifteen minutes,
he crunched his way through an elk antler in approximately twenty-five minutes...Etc.
So, now you know more about Glacier and I. :) Thanks Brooke.
The second exciting honour came from one of our favourite blogs to follow written by Dog Foster Mom. She listed "At A Glacial Pace" as one of five featured blogs for the month of March. The other four blogs are really interesting and I am glad she featured them. Never mind that...I am honoured that my blog was featured with those other fantastic blogs. I was so surprised and excited to see my blog up there I had to read the post twice. Dog Foster Mom has a fantastic badge that tells everyone that you are a "featured blog," but me being technologically uninclined, can't figure out how to show it. I also can't seem to link to her blog either. LOL
That said, if you want an interesting read, head over to Dog Foster Mom's Blog. You can probably get there through my comments as she leaves excellent questions and comments for me all of the time. And for you screen reader users out there, she also-under the instruction of Rudy's Raiser-puts descriptions in her photo links. That way, you know what the pictures are. :)
Again, thanks Dog Foster Mom!!!
There you have it; our first bloggy honours. :)