Remember that "hitch" I was hoping wouldn't happen? Well, a small one has popped up. Now to some it wouldn't be a big deal, but it sort of changes my already revised plan a bit more. :)
The Great Dane Guy is sick with Pneumonia! First of all, I wish him a speedy recovery because having Pneumonia is not cool. But now I am stuck trying to figure out if I want to train with a new trainer or not. Remember me mentioning how open and helpful The Great Dane Guy is? Well, now I'm worried this trainer that is filling in for him won't be as open and we'll have "blind" issues. Wasn't I trying to avoid that by doing things this way?
There is an intermediate class that starts on Wednesday and there is room to put Aria in. I could wait for The Great Dane Guy to come back, but as of right now there isn't another intermediate class scheduled until March 19th. So, do I wait for March 19th and pray that The Great Dane Guy is better and is teaching the class, or do I just suck it up and start on Wednesday? I mean, who's to say this new guy will have a bad attitude? He might be fine, but part of me doesn't want to deal with it if he does.
Then again, maybe I should just get over myself and do it. Since when do I let people's insecurities and discomforts around disability stop me? ...When it costs me money and jeopardizes mine and Aria's chances of success. Grrrrr.
I am aware that there are much worse fates and people dealing with much tougher life decisions out there and I think I'm just going to do it. If things aren't working, I'll just ask for my money back and wait for The Great Dane Guy. I guess I am having a hard time as well because I really enjoy The Great Dane Guy's teaching methods and I know that he would do everything possible to help us succeed. And I'm comfortable with him.
Oh well. Time to step out of my comfort zone...again. lol
Mr. K's having a nap so I'll pass this new development by him and see what he says. I know he'll be disappointed too. The good news is that there are only three other dogs in the class-so it won't be too big or busy. I've heard a time or two that everything happens for a reason, and maybe this is one of those times. All right, that is enough griping from me-it's really not a big deal. I just might have to give someone an attitude adjustment-politely of course. Then again, maybe I won't have to. I may go in and talk to him face to face and see what he's like and gauge his reaction to us joining the class and then make a decision.